Senior Health and Safety Manager
€70k - €75k
Vickerstock are working exclusively with one of Ireland's leading renewable energy providers. As pioneers in the industry, our client owns what will be one of Ireland's largest anaerobic digestion sites, currently undergoing construction and set to commence full operational activity by the end of Q1 this year.
We are currently on the lookout for an EHS Manager to make their mark in this exciting opportunity within Ireland's thriving renewable energy sector. This role represents a unique opportunity in the current market, allowing you to establish a Health and Safety team from the ground up for one of Ireland's leading organisations. You will work closely with a dynamic and forward-thinking board, boasting a proven track record in both renewable energy and waste sectors.
Key Responsibilities of your new role
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and company requirements related to the organisation's activities.
- Support the ongoing maintenance and development of Environmental and Health & Safety Management Systems.
- Communicate effectively on Environmental & Safety issues throughout the company and actively participate in management meetings.
- Foster positive Compliance culture within the organisation/facility.
- Support the certification and maintenance of third-party sustainability standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and ISCC Certification.
- Review and monitor contractor H&S risk assessments.
- Coordinate required monitoring, measurement, and calibration tasks.
- Support emergency planning and provide a support role in incidents and emergency situations.
- Monitor digestate exports for compliance with approved procedures.
- Develop, coordinate, manage, and deliver a training program for the company's activities.
- Report on incidents and accidents and monitor follow-up actions.
- Conduct audits, inspections, and facilitate external audits.
- Generate awareness of Compliance matters and seek to resolve arising issues.
What we are looking for
- Third-level qualification
- Additional Health & Safety qualification
- Minimum of 1 years' experience within an EPA-regulated role
- Previous experience in Waste Management or the Gas sector
- Ability to work independently and be innovative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
What's in it for you
- Salary: Up to €75k
- Attractive benefits package
To explore this opportunity further, contact Warren Watson for a confidential discussion or submit your updated CV via the link on this page.