Senior Mechanical Project Engineer | Newry
Vickerstock are currently working in partnership with one of Ireland's leading Mechanical companies who work closely with Irelands top Construction firms to recruit for a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to join their team in Newry.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively and cooperatively as part of a multi-disciplinary team and undertake a full design review of drawings, specifications, and schedules to ensure compliance with the applicable standards and industry guides.
Your new role as a Senior Mechanical Engineer;
- Responsible for developing engineering alternative solutions, including detailed calculations and sketches for client approval.
- Review of the co-ordinated construction drawings and documentation.
- Prepare RFI's and issue to the client.
- Detailed review of specialist supplier packages for compliance with project specification and applicable industry standards.
- Prepare and monitor procurement schedule in conjunction with the procurement team.
- Prepare and monitor technical submittals for approval by the client.
- Review BCAR preliminary inspection plan and coordinate with the quality team.
- Preparation of operation and maintenance manuals.
- Assistance with client demonstrations.
- Review and provide attendance during commissioning stage.
What you will need to succeed as a Senior Mechanical Engineer;
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Mechanical project engineering or a similar role.
- Knowledge of Engineering software tools including and Navisworks.
- Strong understanding of Mechanical systems from a design or construction perspective.
- Good knowledge of the current Mechanical and fire alarm standards within Ireland
If you fit the above criteria and are looking to advance your career, then please contact Leah Irwin-Black for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE