Senior Quantity Surveyor | Construction - Fit Out
We are seeking a highly motivated Quantity Surveyor to join our client's Commercial team based in Toome, Co. Antrim. An exciting step to take on a leading role within the business, you will collaborate closely with the Operational team to ensure the successful delivery of pre- and post-contract activities, and drive continued economic growth. Working side by side with senior leadership and junior colleagues, you will contribute to and promote a supportive working environment which drives professional and personal development.
Our client provide all-inclusive fitout services across the hospitality and leisure sectors, throughout the UK and Ireland. This role provides the opportunity for weekly travel around the UK and Ireland, delivering on a fresh pipeline of projects, with paid-for travel and accommodation.
What's in it for you?
Our client offers a range of benefits in addition to their remuneration, including:
- Life Assurance & Private Medical
- Income Protection and Company Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Holiday buy scheme and long-service awards
- Wellbeing scheme and family care policies (e.g. enhanced paternity and maternity)
Your New Role as a Senior Quantity Surveyor
You will play a crucial role in overseeing the commercial aspects of our client's projects, providing commercial support and guidance to the operational team to facilitate decision-making, maintaining commercial data, and ensuring adherence to contractual obligations. Travel will be required as part of this role.
- Budget Preparation and Analysis:
- Procure subcontractors and suppliers as needed, ensuring compliance with company management systems.
- Preparing order documentation.
- Assess and certify interim payments to subcontractors.
- Valuation and Account Submissions.
- Prepare interim valuations and final account submissions.
- Manage and value variation accounts.
- Commercial Risk Management
- Assist in generating accurate monthly Cost Value Reconciliation reports.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance effective working relationships.
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between the commercial and operational site teams.
What you will need to succeed
You will be able to demonstrate on your profile and at interview:
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Proven experience in a similar role within construction/fitout.
- Knowledge of relevant contract forms and commercial best practices (particularly JCT).
- Experience in managing and addressing contractual issues
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in writing PQQ, Bid, and Tender submissions.
- Familiarity with e-tendering processes and platforms.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.