Based Limerick / Cork
€40k - €45k per annum
Vickerstock are currently seeking a strong EHS professional to join our client who is a leading Waste Management and Energy organisation to oversee sites in Cork and Limerick.
The SHEQ Officer's primary role is to assist in the development of the Environmental & Health and Safety standards, driving compliance and delivering performance.
- Third level qualification in Environmental and/or Health & Safety or related discipline
- Two years plus of Environmental and/or Health & Safety experience
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain Environmental & ISO systems and all associated documentation
- To provide reports relating to Environmental issues as necessary to management.
- Liaise with stakeholders, external auditors, clients and the regulatory authorities
- Risk identification, assessment, communication and control
- To communicate effectively throughout the company on Environmental issues and to actively participate in management meetings.
- Generate, review and revise risk assessments, RAMs, SOPs and training materials
- Support and maintain EHS software applications
- Walkthroughs, inspections, internal and external audits
- To promote the development of a positive EHS culture within the organisation/facility.
- To carry out risk assessment and hazard identification;
- To effectively communicate H&S requirements to staff through meetings, toolbox talks and learn from events.
- Develop and deliver internal training programmes, schedule and coordinate external training
- Work within cross functional teams delivering collective and shared objectives
- Work with Operations coaching and developing personnel, champions and EHS competency
If you have an interest in the SHEQ Officer role, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Jamie on 01 526 7473 to discuss in confidence.