Trainee Manufacturing Engineer
Full time permanent role
Hours of work - 7.30am or 8.00am to 4.30pm or 5.00pm Mon - Thurs and 7.30am or 8.00am to 2.00pm or 2:30pm on Fri (with 30 minutes for lunch)
The company offers a competitive / healthy salary and benefits
An international company with multiple sites and a multi-million-pound turnover. This firm has been a success story during the current period with a ramp up in output due to the industry's they work within.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the department, to sustain and improve operations. You will optimise and standardise machine running conditions, set-ups, changeovers and other department processes. You will troubleshoot and solve problems impacting capacity, quality, efficiency, delivery, environmental compliance, and safety. You will perform cost analysis, identify cost savings opportunities, and plan continuous improvement projects, as well as establish and maintain metrics and key performance indicators (KPI's).Training will be provided in the manufacturing/extrusion process, with the opportunity to train in / implement World Class Manufacturing practices, such as SMED/Lean/Six Sigma/TPM.
Your new role as Trainee Manufacturing Engineer:
- Monitoring and analysing operating data from the manufacturing process using statistical tools, both proactively (statistical quality/process control) and reactively (troubleshooting);
- Maintaining/creation of process documentation, including process flow diagrams, operating instructions, training documentation, machine specifications;
- Assisting in co-ordinating the implementation of and commissioning of any new machinery within the department. Ensuring correct and safe operation of same, before it is officially handed over to production personnel;
- Key material/equipment stock control
- Being responsible for improvements to the current processing parameters/techniques, with a view to employing new systems/methods necessary in the efficient production of all products;
- Leading in the processing of any trials required within the department. Full feedback of the trial results will be required for the Technical and Quality Assurance Departments, with required samples.
- Training of operators where required
What you'll need to succeed as Trainee Manufacturing Engineer:
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows - particularly Excel
Aptitude and practical tests will be used as part of the selection process.
If this role is of interest contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.