Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of Ireland's largest Foodservice provider with the appointment of a Transport Supervisor to join their team in their Strabane Depot.
Customers are very much at the heart of everything this business does; as the successful Transport Supervisor you will play a key role in the overall growth of the organisation, be passionate about the world of food and dedicated to the growth + support of the industry.
What we have to offer:
- Salary circa £33-35k DOE
- Hours of work:-
Week 1 Mon-Sat, 6.30am to 3pm
Week 2 Tue-Fri, 11.30am to 8pm, Sun 8am to 5pm
- 30days annual leave
- Staff Discount
- Career developments support/opportunities
*This role may appeal to a Transport Team Lead, Shift Manager or Planner seeking to progress their career*
Your day to day as Transport Supervisor
- Ensures timely and orderly dispatch of all routes for all locations
- Using technology, monitors daily driver schedules and reports on an hourly basis, in terms of routes and appropriate delivery time to control cost, determine level of performance and meet/exceed customer expectations.
- Analyses the performance of drivers by accompanying them on their routes. Coaches driver on findings and recommendations.
- Coaching and motivating members of the delivery team in line with performance and absence management processes to ensure concerns are managed appropriately. Analyse trends where appropriate, coach and where necessary follow the disciplinary processes.
- Ensures equipment breakdown and repairs are minimised and reported. Where there are occurrences that these are referred to vehicle maintenance department.
- Completes and submits all accident/injury reports to Transport Manager/Safety Manager as required in line with predefined timelines.
- Ensure that drivers minimise damages and delivery shortages through proper loading and delivery techniques.
- Identifies, coordinates and delivers as appropriate, the training needs of drivers.
- Ensures that company vehicles are properly maintained, cleaned, and safely operated to reduce accidents and enhance the company brand
- Leads by example and applies company policy and procedures in a fair, consistent and unbiased manner
Your essential ingredients as Transport Supervisor:
- Proven relevant management / supervisory experience in a high volume, technology driven, time sensitive distribution operation.
- Competent in the use of IT systems to include Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Good working knowledge of Department of Transport regulations (Tachograph legislation, Working Time Directive etc.)
- Experience of participation Investigations/Disciplinary's of incidents/absence/performance
- Ability to motivate and manage a team to deliver a best-in-class service to internal/external customers.
- Ability to plan and organize your/your teams' work activities in a safe, efficient, and effective manner.
- Ability to analyse, interpret, explain and present relevant business and industry specific data.
- Comfortable working in a high volume, deadline focused
- Transport Management CPC advantageous
- Transport IT systems experience
*This role may appeal to a Transport Team Lead, Shift Manager or Planner aspiring to progress their career*
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page below.
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.