Warehouse Operations Manager
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary £60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Warehouse Operations Manager
Vickerstock are working EXCLUSIVELY with our leading independent Wholesale Distribution Client - supplying business throughout the island of Ireland - on the appointment of their Warehouse Operations Manager for their Newry based facility.
As the successful Warehouse Operations Manager, you will provide leadership for the operations function of the business while delivering high performance against KPIs and promoting a culture of continuous improvement
With further growth and expansion on the horizon this is a hugely exciting time to be joining this Top 100 Business.
What we have to offer you:
- Highly competitive salary + bonus potential
- Monday - Thursday 8.30am-5pm, Friday 8.30am-4pm
- Additional Annual Leave & People Friendly Policies
- Pension Employer 3% & Employee 5%
- Westfield Health Cash Plan, Death in Service
- Generous staff discount, perks Discount Card
- Employee Assistance Programme - access to health and wellbeing support services
- Excellent training programme
- Opportunity to put your stamp on the next phase of an exciting journey in the business
- Top 100 Business
Our expectations of Warehouse Operations Manager:
- Developing and owning the warehouse operations business plan.
- Evaluating and driving solutions for effective capacity planning, including understanding growth areas and its implications. Make and implement recommendations to cater for potential challenges.
- Advance planning to ensure people resources and capital investments are recommended / available to meet operational growth targets.
- Setting clear expectations, stretching departmental, team and individual targets. Hold people accountable for targets, actions, and results.
- Have a strong, visible, and active leadership presence, to achieve and excel in target delivery and performance.
- Controlling and improve operational performance, service delivery, financial management, team management and development, legal compliance, cost, and quality.
- Driving a strong H&S culture and behavioral mindset.
- Partnering with other leadership team members to ensure alignment, joint ownership and collaboration with business plans, priorities, and initiatives.
- Ensuring internal customer expectations are met.
- Identifying team talent, developing team members, and driving exceptional people performance.
- Absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance management.
- Identifying and involving team members in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Developing solutions to deliver premium and cost-effective service.
- Managing operational budget and costs.
- Managing legal compliance and internal qualification requirements.
- Communicating regular business performance to Operations team & Head of Operations.
- Identifying and executing optimum solutions to improve profitability through resource optimization.
- Improve the capabilities & capacity of the warehouse unit, achieving Pick to Schedule (PTS), On Time Delivery (OTD) & cost targets.
- Ability to maintain and promote good recordkeeping & legislative practices, and an understanding of the importance of excellent internal operating procedures.
- Demonstrable passion and commitment to delivering outstanding service to customers and colleagues.
- Drive all Lean activities within the operations team. Continuous improvement projects. Strategizing and building yearly plans to improve business performance.
- Support the recruitment, selection and evaluation processes of your teams.
What you will need to succeed:
It would be advantageous to have:
- Logistics management experience
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Paul now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.