Bid Manager | Hillsborough
Vickerstock are delighted to be working alongside a leading, consultancy to support in the recruitment of an experienced Bids Professional to take on the position of Bid Manager for their growing Hillsborough office.
Since their inception in 2011, the business has grown significantly. Operating in the UK and ROI markets, they employ 70+ people across 3 regional offices. This practice has established an enviable reputation for producing innovative design solutions to complex engineering challenges across an unusually diverse range of projects.
This opportunity would be particularly well-suited to someone with an engineering background and good commercial awareness, who is looking to take on a challenge in a new type of role.
Your new role as Bid Manager
This role is considered a key part of their growth plans, with the successful individual not only supporting in project delivery but contributing significantly to business development and work winning. You will co-ordinate with other Regional, Sector & Work Winning Leads, while managing a small team of bid and marketing staff.
This is a well-rounded Bids role, reporting to the Director in charge and leading on all day-to-day aspects of bids including; Expressions of Interest, Statements of Qualifications and Capability Statements, Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, and Tenders and Fee Proposals.
The purpose of the role is to drive forward work winning activities, applying innovative approaches and striving for continuous improvement in the bids process.
What you will need to succeed as a Bids Manager
- 5 or more years' experience in preparing and managing bids and pre-qualification submissions, in a technical sector.
- Alternatively, you may have an engineering background and be interested in stepping into a different type of role within your field.
- Strong experience working in a design consultancy or construction related company.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding administrative management and communication skills
- Excellent written English, editing and proof-reading skills.
- Excellent IT skills, including proficiency in use of MSWord, Sharepoint, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams.
- Ability to collect and collate information and present it in a clear and relevant manner.
- Experience of working in a marketing environment and of effective marketing strategies is advantageous.
What's in it for you?
If successful, you will a growing business that not only offer an exciting range of projects, but one that empowers all employees to challenge the traditional way of doing things, allowing for a high degree of innovation. The salary on this role will be dependent on the level however will be highly competitive and will be complimented by an extensive benefits package. This is a rare opportunity to join an established business and play a key role in their next phase of growth.
For a confidential discussion on this, or any other vacancy in the Civil or Structural Engineering sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment on 02890 313 720 or