Vickerstock are working in partnership with a manufacturing firm based in Rathdrum, Wicklow on the appointment of an experienced Buyer.
Reporting directly to the Account Manager, you will be fully responsible for the procurement of all materials required ensuring they are on site and on time.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to €45,000
- Annual performance related bonus of 10%
- Other additional staff perks
In your new role:
- Develop and maintain positive, collaborative relationships all relevant stakeholders on site
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers, negotiating best price, lead time etc and continually monitor performance
- Take full responsibility of the purchasing process from start to finish, ensuring all orders are delivered on time
- Consistently monitor the calculation of forecasts for on site stock, adjusting as appropriate on the system
- Apply the basic principles of margin management to generate sales
- Work with suppliers on Debit note and invoices queries until resolved
- Escalate potential change controls on Eng spares to using area, set up meetings with vendors etc and area if required until resolved
- Monitor invoices, ensuring they are paid on time
- Action urgent requests efficiently, keeping stakeholders informed with up to date info
- Frequently attend meetings with customer stakeholders, senior management, procurement team etc
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in a fast paced, purchasing role
- A sound knowledge of MRP/ERP systems and all Microsoft Office packages
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move, get in touch with our Supply Chain specialist Chris today.