Health, Safety & Sustainability Lead (IOI)
Based Dublin (20% Travel to other sites NI & ROI)
€70k - €80k per annum plus Bonus & extensive benefits package
As the Health, Safety & Sustainability Lead, the successful candidate will be a member of the Ireland Senior Leadership Team with responsibility for leading the Health & Safety function and driving a positive Health & Safety culture across our distribution and retail network.
The role will also involve leading our sustainability agenda to ensure that as a business, we make a positive environmental impact.
- Relevant H&S / EHS qualification
- Previous Health & Safety experience at management level.
- Previous experience in devising and implementing sustainability initiatives.
- Experience in multi-site distribution or manufacturing environment preferable.
- Strong Interpersonal skills - be capable of explaining and embedding critical understanding of legislative and regulatory procedures at all levels of the organisation.
- Comfortable working at all levels in a business from the warehouse floor up to Group and Ireland senior management - a "hands on" operator.
- Strong working knowledge of health and safety legislation in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Ireland SLT and management teams across the business, keeping them updated on internal and external safety developments.
- Leadership and development of EHS Coordinator.
- Develop and implement plans to deliver on both the Group and Company's sustainability objectives.
- Ensuring compliance with EHS legislation, alignment with policy, objectives & KPIs in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Interact closely with key stakeholders to support the execution of projects and the ongoing business objectives of all operations.
- Provide direction and guidance on overall EHS risk controls e.g. Racking and vehicle safety, Ergonomics, Manual Handling, Fire and Emergency Response etc.
- Develop, implement, and review risk assessments and safe systems of work, assisting managers in the identification of work-related hazards, associated risks and determination of risk controls.
- Perform Incident Investigation and follow up with corrective or preventative measures where required.
- Identify and Implement EHS Incident Prevention measures, where applicable and work with management to ensure continuous improvement.
- Oversight of contractor safety management, RAMS review and validation.
- Develop EHS audit protocols and prepare for & facilitate internal/external audits and inspections and training/ awareness programmes.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive EHS Procedures/Standards for the Company, including maintenance of the Company online EHS Management System and documentation.
- Collation and reporting of monthly/quarterly/annual EHS and sustainability statistics.
If you have an interest in the Health, Safety & Sustainability Lead position, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Jamie to discuss in confidence.