Vickerstock are working in partnership with a market leading, electrical installations firm based on the Monaghan on the appointment of an experienced Fleet Manager.
Reporting directly to the Chief Opertions Officer you will be resposible for managing the entire company fleet of 120 vehicles made up of vans, cars, plant, equipment and machinery.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to €66,000
- Company vehicle or €6000 allowance
- Company benefits
- 30 days holidays
In your new role:
- Liaise with leasing/hire companies, ensuring that the entire fleet is fully compliant and safe
- Solely responsible for ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum where maintenance or repair is required
- Closely monitor KPI's.
- Produce & present live reports daily, weekly, monthly
- Manage and monitor continuous improvement targets
- Provide strategic and operational leadership of companies commercial fleet
- Support and co-ordinate the installer by working closely with the operations and scheduling team
- Control and reduce operating costs, providing specialist knowledge
- Maintain vehicles in a safe and efficient operating condition
- Comply with fleet regulations whilst updating policies and processes as required
- Improve the operational performance of the fleet, whilst minimising the operative downtime and optimising the local garage network
- Lead the procurement of replacement vehicles on a rotational basis to achieve the best operational decision and value for money
- Manage commercial fleet, booking repairs, servicing requirements, livery, fuel cards and accident management
- Contract management of external tracker provider to monitor and improve driver management, sharing this information with the relevant third parties and management teams
- Maintain records, proving that the fleet is compliant with regulations whilst demonstrating value for money
- Manage maintenance schedules to ensure that the optimum number of vehicles are working at all times to meet companies project needs
- Budget management of fleet repairs, on costs and administrative costs, recognising the need of value for money in compliance with Financial Regulations
- Maximise fuel economy and manage the fuel card usage
- Implement, maintain and develop policies and processes to ensure fleet operates effectively and efficiently, educating staff with the industry's concepts, practices and procedures
- Create a suite of measures to show continuous improvement throughout all areas of Fleet Management
- Act in a positive and constructive way to help develop and maintain the company brands
- Adhere to IT security and Data Protection Legislation
- Deliver Fleet Training to new recruits and ensure full understanding of company policies and procedures
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role managing high volume commercial fleets
- Experience in creating schedules to update vehicle maintenance records and fleet related invoicing
- Experience of minimising impact on business whilst conducting cyclical and incidental fleet repairs
- Excellent knowledge of PSV/Tax/Insurance regulatory requirements
- A strong working knowledge of ROI and UK fleet and transport legislation
- Educated to Degree level in Supply Chain / Logistics / Fleet
- Clean driving license
If you are thinking about taking the next step in your career and would like a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you. Give Chris our supply chain specialist a call on 028 9031 3720.