- Posted 15 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NamePaul Muir
Head of Operations (Wholesale) | Newry
Vickerstock are working EXCLUSIVELY with our highly successful independent Wholesale Client - supplying business throughout the island of Ireland - on the appointment of their Head of Operations for their Newry based facility.
As the successful Head of Operations, you will provide leadership for the warehousing and logistics function of the business. While delivering high performance against KPIs and promoting a culture of continuous improvement.
With further growth and expansion on the horizon this is a hugely exciting time to be joining this Top 100 Business.
What we have to offer you:
- Highly competitive salary + package and benefits
- Opportunity to put your stamp on the next phase of an exciting journey in the business
- Top 100 Business
Our expectations of Head of Operations:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the logistics and warehousing teams.
- Maintain the day-to-day activities including providing detailed analysis/statistics to ensure customer needs are consistently met.
- Ensure performance delivery against key targets/metrics
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement and cost reduction to maximise efficiency and effectiveness within a fast-moving environment.
- Lead and drive key logistics movement initiatives to improve customer support whilst minimising cost.
- Full ownership of operational cost budget
- Effective budget and resource monitoring
- Responsibility for review of asset refresh and capital expenditure
- Member of the senior leadership team
- Preparation and delivery of various internal reports
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards and requirements are met.
- Effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Ensure the organisation's People & Culture policies and procedures are followed.
- Development and retention of staff and team members
What you will need to succeed:
As Head of Operations, it is essential for you to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Proven experience in developing operational teams and structures in a FMCG commercial environment.
- Experience of logistics/operations leadership within a time sensitive environment (next day)
- Strong analytical, planning, organisation and problem-solving skills
- Commercially driven and results orientate
- Application of continuous improvement techniques
- Excellent People Leadership skills
- Highly effective communication across all stakeholders
- Proven track record in maintaining a safe working environment
It would be advantageous to have:
- Experience of warehouse transition between sites
- 3rd level qualification in a related discipline or successful completion of a relevant, accredited company development programme.
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Paul now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.