Health and Safety Manager
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary £42000 - £45000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameConal Sheppard
Health and Safety Manager
Based just outside Ennskillen
What's in it for you?
- Salary £45k Depending on experience.
- Company car/Fuel allowance
- Potential of 1 day hybrid
- Early finish last Friday of the month
- Full Time Permanent Role
Job Ref: CS7747
To further develop, implement, audit and improve the Health & Safety of the company's policy & procedures and hence ensure the firm is compliant with legislative requirements.
- Investigate all accidents / incidents, ensuring corrective action is taken and documentation updated.
- Implement any new legislation relating to health and safety.
- Facilitate all forms of risk assessment - manual handling, fire risk assessments / fire prevention, COSHH.
- Occupational health and safety surveys - noise, light, chemical substances
- Ensure all employees receive suitable and required environmental, health and safety training (including new employee induction training) to maintain compliance with both the company and legislative requirements.
- Carry out site visits and audits throughout projects.
- Provide HSE and compliance advice and support to the business.
- Co-ordinate and implement a positive safety culture across the business.
- Provide SHEQ support and input for tenders and bids.
- Prepare and undertake regular Toolbox talks.
- To complete prevention inspections on a regular basis and ensure records maintained of same
- Annual H&S audits and Quality Assurance
- Ensure the company meets its obligations under the 'Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations'
- Ensure construction accreditations such as ISO and Constructionline are managed, maintained, and renewed.
- Devise and improve the training matrix for all staff, carry out H&S inductions and in-house training.
- Evaluate and proactively improve techniques for the control of environment, and health and safety.
What you need to succeed:
- NEBOSH Level 3 Certificate Health & Safety Management for Construction.
- Minimum 3-5 years proven HSE experience within construction.
- Accident and incident investigation experience.
- Experience of undertaking health and safety audits.
- Experience of creating RAMS for complex works.
- Excellent IT Skills in particular Excel
- Full driving licence
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Ennskillen, Fivemiletown, Clones, Dromore, Omagh, Irvinestown areas.