Back to jobs
Health & Safety Officer
- Posted 02 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameConal Sheppard
Health & Safety Advisor
Role based in Derry/Londonderry
Job Ref: CS7648
What's in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- Free healthcare for you and your dependents.
- Life assurance cover
- Access to global learning and development programs offering accredited and specialist training.
- Full Time Permanent role
Working closely with a leading Manufacturing Business who are currently seeking a Health and Safety officer to join their growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification & working knowledge of ISO 45001 standards.
- The Ability to analyse information and attention to detail & working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and / or on their own initiative.
- A NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety or similar.
- Identify requirements and deliver for HSE Training. Deliver HSE training as necessary.
- Collaborate with site teams; leadership, production, engineering, logistics, purchasing to ensure completion of HSE improvement plans, deployment of HSE/SIF roadmaps and to ensure safe working environment.
- Collaborate within the site and externally to ensure the safety of contractors and visitors.
- Support HSE budget as necessary; to process purchase orders and resolving invoice purchase order queries.
- Coordinating and consulting with leadership teams.
- Writing internal health and safety policies/ strategies
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures
- Undertaking risk assessments & identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/ safely & Writing reports
- Planning and providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
- Investigating/ recording incidents, accidents, complaints, and cases of ill health
- Compiling statistics & Making recommendations following accidents/ incidents
- Liaising with relevant authorities & organising / attending health and safety meetings
- Safely handling hazardous substances
- Making regular site inspections & keeping up to date with developments within the profession
- Making presentations to groups of employees/ managers.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE
If you have an interest in this Health & Safety Advisor role, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Conal on 028 90 313 720 to discuss in confidence.