Power Plant Technician
Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4pm, Friday 3.30pm
€42k - €46k (More on this below)
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading employer of choice based in Dublin, our client has one of the best staff retention rates in the area. They are devoted to providing its employees with training and development opportunities to help assist them with career progression within the business.
From day one you will have access to industry leading training and support to help assist you achieve long term strategies and goals.
What's in it for you?
- €42k - €46k
- 5% Performance bonus
- On call allowance
- 23 days holidays + all bank holidays
- Pension Scheme (choice between matched 5% or 7.5%)
- Death in service
- Income protection cover
- Paid GP visits
- Paid for further education (related study)
Your Responsibilities as a Power Plant Technician;
- Making sure maintenance tasks are completed in accordance with site policies and procedures and equipment operation and maintenance manuals.
- Carry out preventative and corrective maintenance work on plant.
- Maintain Engineering area in terms of good house keeping.
- Contribute on identification, quantification, implementation and presentation of equipment continuous improvement projects.
- Troubleshoot equipment related process problems and equipment failures to determine cause and to investigate repairs.
- Ensure effective completion and ongoing review of planned equipment maintenance routines on MAXIMO (site CMMS).
- Ensure all executed maintenance activities are recorded on MAXIMO (site CMMS).
- Support Engineering and Operations personnel on continuous improvements and monitor equipment in order to recommend process improvements.
- Minimise downtime on equipment, through fast response, effective root cause analysis and good problem solving techniques.
- Effective analysis and elimination of recurring equipment problems.
- Contribute to a pleasant and positive team work atmosphere.
- The responsibilities contain information to describe and evaluate the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all work performed.
As a Power Plant Technician, ideally you will have;
- A strong understanding of engines with the ability to display a high level of skill and knowledge regarding internal combustion engines, generator sets, turbo chargers & intercoolers.
- Knowledge of maintaining natural and biogas boilers.
- Must be available to work over-time and occasionally travel on weekends. Good communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision.
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page - 01 526 7473
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Maintenance Engineers at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Engineering / Manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)