- Posted 17 February 2023
- Salary DOE
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are delighted to be partnering with a highly commended, family run meat manufacturer on the appointment of Quality Manager based on site in Cavan. My client is an integral supply partner to foodservice operators throughout the island of Ireland and with investment at the forefront of their journey there is no better time to join.
As the successful Quality Manager you will work in a team ensuring that the factory maintains its high levels of quality control and food safety, though a process of data collection and monitoring.
What we have to offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Employee Benefit Platform
- Company Pension
- Discounted Health Insurance
- Staff discount
What your typical day as Quality Manager will look like:
- Develop, maintain and update the company's QMS, in line with legal, BRC & MPQAS Bord Bia and customer standards/requirements.
- Manage the Quality Team of 4.
- Liaise with and continually develop professional relationships with management, production staff, suppliers and customers.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory standards and legislation.
- Review HACCP Plan through changes, legislation, process controls and raw materials.
- Maintenance of the internal auditing program.
- Point of contact between customers to in relation to customer specification.
- Identify and promptly resolve any issues that arise through corrective action planning.
- Investigate customer complaints and implement corrective/preventative actions.
- Liaising with DAFM officials.
- KPI's will be set out and reviewed by the Technical Manager for each period defined (month / quarter / year) reflecting achievement of agreed objectives and initiatives.
- Meeting Reporting Deadlines.
- Adherence to Group Policies and Procedures.
- Audit Results (Internal and External).
Your essential ingredients:
- Background in food manufacturing environments. Knowledge of BRC, retailer, national and producer groups codes of practice food safety protocols.
- 3+ years management experience, relevant graduate degree.
- Experience in leading customer and regulatory audits.
- Strong communicator with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate a team, to be energetic and self-motivated.
- Organisation and leadership abilities.
- Must have a can do attitude and be flexible at all times and manage change.
- Ability to learn quickly, have autonomy and a sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrate the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to identify continuous improvement initiatives and ability to challenge status quo. Problem solving skills.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and other common software tools.
- A high level of analytical, methodology and time management skills required.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
What we hope you do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.