Senior EHS Officer
- Posted 02 March 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameJamie Harper
Senior EHS Officer
Excellent Salary, Package and career development opportunities
Delighted to be partnering with this key player in the Wholesale Sector with their base in Northern Ireland, who have entrusted us to help secure their new Senior EHS Officer for the group.
The business currently employs more than 300 people and operates as one of the largest independent wholesalers on the Island of Ireland.
With fantastic growth plans and an investment of more than £15 Million in a landmark 20-Acre Site, which will be the new home to their multi-purpose Distribution hub, Head Office Space, Vehicle management area, Recycling area and much more.
The new state of the art storage centre will boast 180,000 sq ft hosting all ambient, chilled, fresh and frozen products under one roof.
A fantastic opportunity for a motivated and ambitious EHS Professional to take their career to the next step, in what is a truly exciting time to be part of this business.
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
- 2 years related experience of H&S in FMCG/ Warehousing, Manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate sound knowledge & understanding of Health & Safety Processes
- Experience of formulating, implementing & revising procedures in health & safety
- Hands on experience in conducting Audits, investigations & root cause analysis.
- Experience of handling accident investigations
- Knowledge of NI & UK Health and Safety legislation.
- Contribute to development of a Site Health and Safety Plan and review ongoing progress against set objectives.
- Participate in project planning and execution to ensure the health and safety
- Monitor, evaluate and develop health and safety policies and procedures that ensure compliance with current legislation, and industry best practice.
- Liaise with local HSE Executives and other Statutory Bodies, building effective working relationships.
- Co- ordinate external audits/visits to ensure positive outcome e.g. Liaise with external bodies in relation to food safety issues e.g. EHO/ Local Council
- Direct and co-ordinate the H&S duties undertaken by on -site H&S Trainer (Manual Handling; FLT, etc )
- Provide guidance and support in all health and safety related matters and, where necessary, take a leadership role, particularly where the issues are complex or represent significant risk.
- Ensure there is an adequate provision of first aid and welfare facilities across site.
- Ensure that site safety inspections & fire drills are carried out and fire alarms are checked
- Manage & draft agenda for regular health & safety meetings & distribute minutes
- Management of Company's utilities - including fair safety and regulatory testing, cleaning team and schedule. Repair and maintenance of site
- Issuing and control of Permit to Work for contractors on site
To apply for the Senior EHS Officer role please click apply below and send an up-to-date CV across for consideration, or call Jamie on 01 526 7473.