€40k - €45k
Night shift (Monday - Thursday 00:00 to 8am, Friday 22.30 to 6am)
Overtime available at premium rate
Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of Irelands biggest and best employers to recruit a Shift Supervisor for their site in South Dublin. Our client is one of the largest material process companies in the UK & Ireland.
This is an organisation that is dedicated to high performance and continuous improvement, the ethos has led to it being a trusted partner to councils, government bodies and manufacturing companies who depend on their support. In order to deliver to such high levels, their on going training and support across their entire team is at the centre of their growth and strategy, you will benefit from world class training, process improvement knowledge and opportunities to upskill into other areas of the business - which will help enhance your career moving forward.
Key Responsibilities as a Shift Supervisor
- Supervise production lines and ensure all site safety, security, productivity and quality objectives, policies and procedures are met.
- Work collaboratively with maintenance team to identify and remedy equipment issues, to maximise plant uptime.
- Highlight performance and training issues as appropriate to maximise performance of all employees.
- Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching.
- Lead by example, ensuring safe work practices are always maintained in line with company policies.
What you will need to succeed as a Shift Supervisor
- Applicants must have 2-3 years in a supervisory / people management role
- An interest in mechanical equipment and some experience maintaining and reacting to mechanical breakdowns is important for this role, full training will be provided.
- Prior experience of working on large industrial sites an advantage but not essential
- Full driving licence and own transport an advantage but not essential.
- English speaker with additional languages an advantage.
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence on, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Production & Operations at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within engineering / manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)