- Posted 21 November 2022
- Salary Negotiable
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameJamie Harper
Delighted to be assisting our European client in the search for a Sustainability Manager.
The Sustainability Manager is an important hire within the team at this point of growth, and will initially report to the Managing Director.
We have initiated a Sustainability initiative that will measure our climate impact and develop mitigating practices with an ambition to be carbon neutral by 2030.
- To develop pathways for clients' waste, ranging from packaging to electronic, that are environmentally sustainable and offer a commercially viable service to offer.
- To support the medium-term ambition to offer decommissioning services of data centre equipment (e-waste) to current and new clients across European
- In addition, the Sustainability Lead will be responsible for:
- Recommending and implementing changes in corporate strategy to make the work environment and practices more eco-friendly, communicating these changes to managers, colleagues, vendors, Directors, and other relevant parties.
- Liaising with clients on the implementation and monitoring of sustainability initiatives.
- Monitoring and reporting on the sustainability performance
- Administering, monitoring and reporting on alternative fuels projects for clients.
- Analysing and auditing corporate activities (i.e. the process of waste elimination)
- Identifying areas where the company can lessen its environmental impact
- Ensuring the company's compliance with all national and European environmental legislation, including registrations across Europe
- Leading training sessions and workshops on sustainability practices and policies for company employees.
- Ability to be flexible in respect of work standards and demands. Capable of working under pressure and to strict deadlines. Proven ability to complete tasks.
- A relevant third-level qualification in environmental science, sustainability science, or another relevant field.
- Experience working with regulatory environments across Europe.
- Further postgraduate education in sustainability management, i.e., CPD or professional short courses from recognised bodies
- Relevant professional training in the following areas: waste disposal, reducing CO2 Emissions, environmental treatment, or sustainable transport.
- Experience in the transport and logistics sector is highly desirable in this role.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive market salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Company pension plan
- Hybrid working environment
- Opportunities for continuing professional development will also be provided.
If you have an interest in the Sustainability Manager role, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Jamie to discuss in confidence.