Vickerstock are excited to be working in partnership with our fast-growing Fresh Food Manufacturing client on the appointment of Technical Coordinator.
The successful Technical Coordinator will provide support to the Technical Manager ensuring all factory operations consistently meet both customer & legal expectations in relation to Food Safety, Integrity, and Product Quality.
What your typical day as Technical Coordinator will look like:
- Work collaboratively with Project Leads to deliver continuous improvement goals across all business units.
- Create an environment of effective and transparent communication, where colleagues are well informed, accountable, feel free to challenge and express ideas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with new and existing customers to ensure technical standards and accreditation's are identified and reported on.
- Ensure all critical technical, quality and customer accreditation's are identified and embedded in the organisation through the QMS to create a customer compliance ready environment.
- Integrate the standards with software where at all possible, to promote transparency and to encourage a paperless working environment.
- Alongside the Senior Buyer, ensure all suppliers are approved and meet the required customer standards.
- Assist with NPD and EPD introductions into site, delivering compliance to product specifications.
- Keep up to date on legislative issues, technical matters, and industry trends likely to affect the business.
- Active member of HACCP and site Crisis Management Teams.
- Assist in conducting a range of both internal and external audits throughout the year based on technical and customer accreditation helping to ensure achievement of the highest standards possible
- Report on the results, gaining buy-in for continuous improvements to enable greater unconscious compliance.
- Liaise with Produce Operations to ensure standards are integrated into working methods, coaching colleagues as appropriate.
- Post formal audits, present the business case for improvements and changes to sustain the compliance standard, and/or to move performance up a level.
- Assist in handling of customer complaints, to include documenting and trending them and putting in place corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist the NPD Technologist with NPD trials.
What you will need to succeed:
- Degree or equivalent relevant qualifications
- HACCP qualification would be an advantage
- Project Management experience
- Problem solving
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES