Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with an industry leading meat production committed to delivering the finest meats to valued customers on the appointment of Technical Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful Technical Manager will advise on all technical aspects of factory production ensuring all products meet customer and legal requirements.
What your day to day will look like as Technical Manager:
- Design, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of HACCP based Quality Management System
- Monitoring of factory cleaning and housekeeping and hygiene standards
- Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients / product, products under hold, reject and returns.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and support, develop awareness and understanding of technical issues.
- Responsible for training, counselling, and disciplining of staff.
- Drive product, policy, and procedure improvements to meet customer, third-party and legislative requirements.
- Lead customer, third-party and department audits
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience working in a Technical/Quality field within Food Manufacturing
- Strong management background with experience leading and developing quality teams.
- Motivation and passion for food safety and continuous improvement.
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't):
- Food-related degree
- HACCP Certified
- Any other food safety related certifications
What we hope you do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to me, Anna, now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me, you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.