Key Account Manager (Food)
One of our FMCG clients based in Northern Ireland have asked Vickerstock to assist with the recruitment of a Key Account Manager. This a permanent role and based in Belfast.
You will be required to establish strong relationships with key clients and ensure that sales and profitability targets are met.
The successful candidate will manage and develop existing accounts and identify new business opportunities aimed at increasing the company profile within Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will have previous experience in key account management and or business development management in the FMCG & Food Service sector in NI.
Your new role as Key Account Manager
- Drive sales and manage the trade promotional spend as well as developing retailer category plans to ensure that space is increased whilst achieving product ranging, pricing and space objectives in accounts particularly focusing on NPD.
- Deliver against all KPIs by pro-actively tracking performance of your accounts, implementing course correct tactics as necessary and driving a dynamic, cross functional, collaborative way of working to maximise the performance of your business area.
- Ensure that high quality preparation is done prior to your customer meetings and that customer meetings are appropriately structured and run, to maximise business opportunities.
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders within Field sales function, Operations, Finance, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Marketing and Customer Support to ensure effective customer service is maintained for all accounts.
(Detailed job description is available on request)
What you will need to succeed as Key Account Manager
- Previous experience in key account management and or business development management in the FMCG /Grocery Sector in NI
- Experience in selling to multiples and discounters.
- Proven track record of sales achievement in a challenging environment, including experience in establishing long-term business in NI & ROI markets.
- Established excellent relationships with the senior buyer personnel within the retail & Food Service market in NI and
- Experience in reviewing, extracting, analysing and presenting sales/business development related management information.
- Understanding of sales related financial data (i.e., profit margins, cost of sales)
What we hope you do next:
For more information on the above role please contact Mary Quinn on 02890 313720 or apply via the link