Vickerstock are working in partnership with a leading global manufacturer / supplier on the appointment of an ambitious, experienced buyer. This company is fully committed to a highly ambitious strategy of future growth and to continuing to build its reputation for the quality of its products and its customer service ethos.
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager you will be responsible for the procurement of materials in order to meet production deadlines.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to £35,000
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work/Tech Schemes
- On-site Parking
- Early finish on Fridays
In your new role:
- Working closely with staff to procure components and related parts
- Raising orders whilst monitoring and progressing purchase orders
- Negotiating prices and managing material shortages
- Building relationships both internally and externally to improve cost, quality and supply
- Working to the build programme schedule to ensure that strict and tight deadlines are adhered to
- Generating progress reports and providing regular status updates
- Monitoring and reporting on costs
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role (ideally within a manufacturing environment)
- Sound IT skills (particularly excel) and ability to maintain accurate records of purchases and pricing
- A good understanding of procurement regulations
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and would like a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you, give Chris a call on 028 9031 3720.