Civil Engineer (Rail)
- Posted 24 February 2023
- Salary £35000.00 - £45000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineConstruction Jobs
- Contact NameBrian Mitchell
Civil Engineer (Rail) | Belfast
Vickerstock are delighted to be working with a multi-disciplinary engineering and project management consultancy to recruit for the role of Civil Engineer to join their growing Railway division. The Belfast office of this national consultancy have been in continual growth mode over the last number of years with project and framework wins creating a wide range of opportunities within the business for both new and existing staff.
Your new role as a Civil Engineer (Rail)
You will join a growing team, working alongside the newly appointed Associate Director to deliver a wide variety of Railway, Civil Engineering projects alongside Translink. Primary responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the Project Manager to deliver Civil & Structural projects to Translink / NIR;
- Act as the nominated Assistant Project Manager / Civil Engineer for all project delivery for call-off contract administration for both Translink and Network Rail
- Option to act as the Site Supervisor on site during the Construction Phase of the submitted design;
- Acts as the Assistant Design Manager for all internal & external technical disciplines required to delivery Civil / Structures infrastructure project;
What you will need to succeed as a Civil Engineer (Rail)
- A degree in Civil Engineering;
- A a minimum of 4-years post graduate experience within Civil Engineering design;
- Working towards Chartered status with the ICE or IEI;
- Experience in railway civils projects is highly desirable although any experience working within linear infrastructure schemes will be considered;
What's in it for you?
If successful you will be joining a national business at a time when they are undergoing significant growth. A number of the senior staff in Belfast have taken on more prominent roles throughout the UK business, giving local employees opportunities to work on a wider range of schemes. You will be offered a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes a mix of core and flexible benefits.
For a confidential discussion on this, or any other vacancy in the Civil or Structural Engineering sector contact Brian Mitchell at Vickerstock Recruitment