An outstanding position for a Civil Engineering Estimator to become a central part of our Client's newly established Belfast office, with free parking and conveniently located next to popular rail and bus routes.
We are thrilled to be working in partnership with one of the UK's leading subcontractors, specialising in tunnelling and operating globally. Over the past four decades, the Group has expanded its reach to international markets, diversified into new sectors, and completed multiple acquisitions. With steadfast leadership and an exceptionally skilled and motivated workforce, the Group have continued to reinforcing their standing and reputation in new and existing markets.
This is a unique opportunity to become a key player in the early success of the Group's Belfast operations, while acquiring future international projects that align with our Client's fundamental business principles.
What's in it for you
As a family owned business, our client is dedicated to their employees professional and personal development, as well career satisfaction, at all levels of operations. In additional to a highly competitive remuneration, you will be provided with a substantial benefits package, including:
- Generous pension
- Company bonus scheme
- Free parking
- Continuous Professional Development
- Life Assurance and wider ranging health & wellbeing perks
- Company sick pay
- Flexible working arrangements
Your role as a Civil Engineering Estimator
Assume a pivotal role in the team, you will carry our a range of responsibilities across tender submission, business improvement, relationship management and driving operational excellence. This will include:
- Collaborating with the bid team to receive, assess, and distribute relevant Invitation to Tender (ITT) documents. Developing comprehensive ITT submissions, and ensuring compliance.
- Liaising effectively with the procurement team to acquire necessary quotations for work and conducting assessments for Material Take Offs.
- Establish and maintain Tender Risk Registers, conducting risk analysis with the tender team's assistance as necessary for internal adjudication preparation.
- Ensure effective and lasting relationships with key stakeholders and drive business development by identifying and securing new client and supplier relationships, to fulfil business requirements and achieve key performance indicators.
What you will need
As a motivated and experienced Estimator with a strong enthusiasm for acquiring projects that have lasting impact, you will join a team who encompass the following skills and attributes.
- A strong grasp of heavy civils and engineering principles, with a preference for experience in tunnelling projects.
- A record of delivering winning bids for projects with a range of values up to £20m.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite applications, including MS Project.
- Experience working with NEC 3 and NEC 4 forms of contract.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Auto-Cad and the use of estimating software.
- Previous experience working on civil engineering sites.
For a confidential discussion about this or any other vacancy in the Commercial Construction Sector contact Aisling Bishop at Vickerstock Recruitment.