€75k - €80k + Bonus
Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of Irelands biggest and best employers to recruit a Factory Manager for their site in South Dublin. Our client is one of the largest material process companies in the UK & Ireland.
This is an organisation that is dedicated to high performance and continuous improvement, the ethos has led to it being a trusted partner to councils, government bodies and manufacturing companies who depend on their support. In order to deliver to such high levels, their on going training and support across their entire team is at the centre of their growth and strategy, you will benefit from world class training, process improvement knowledge and opportunities to upskill into other areas of the business - which will help enhance your career moving forward.
As the site lead you will be responsible for all aspects of the operations on site encompassing; Production, Lean, Quality, Supply chain, HSE, Facilities and Maintenance.
Key Responsibilities as a Factory Manager;
- Provide leadership and direction to the operations teams
- Develop and maintain best practices in HSE awareness to avert potential incidents or accidents
- Keep a close track of the Serious Injury or Fatality (SIF) reporting…this is a priority for the site leadership team to manage
- Ensure full compliance of entire team with site policies, procedures and HSE regulations
- Develop and maintain best practices and production efficiencies in line with the Materials Processing Operating System using the tools and techniques
- Oversee day to day operations of the production facility & financial aspects of the operations in line with budgets and the site P&L, balance sheet and cashflow
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement & strive towards best practice world class manufacturing
- Improve the capabilities & capacity of the manufacturing unit, achieving Build To Schedule (BTS), On Time Delivery (OTD) & cost targets
- Efficiently integrate new products into production
- Lead, develop & motivate staff towards the achievement of targets & objectives on an ongoing basis
- Act as an integral part of the site's Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process to ensure common understanding of capacity, build schedule and sequence, and supply constraints affecting our schedules
- Provide relevant information and detail on an annual basis for the factory budgeting process in conjunction with the Financial Controller
- Ensure timely and relevant communication with all required departments in the businesses
What you will need to succeed as a Factory Manager;
- Whilst a third level qualification is preferred, a proven track record of operational achievement in a manufacturing environment is considered essential
- A proven track record of production/operations experience with a significant part of this served at mid - senior management level
- Background of managing a fast-moving high mix low volume manufacturing facility (preferably manufacturing engineering) including supply chain & quality functions
- Experience of and a proven track record of staff management, appraisal & development of team
- A strong motivator with excellent communication skills, you will be fully conversant on lean principles and have demonstrated the ability to apply lean techniques in your career to date.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting financial targets.
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence on, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Production & Operations at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within engineering / manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)