Health & Safety and Facilities Manager
- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameConal Sheppard
Health & Safety and Facilities Manager
What's in it for you?
- £45k-£55k depending on experience
- Plus small bonus twice a year based on company performance
- Plus benefits / pension
- Health cover
- 3 x death in service
Location: Role is based in Newry however there will be some occasional travel to other nearby sites / south of the border.
Full Time Permanent Position
Hours of work: 8am-5pm Mon to Thur and 8:30am-4:30pm Fri - As the company operate a night shift, very occasional "emergency" attendance may be required as part of the role
Our client is a large home-grown distribution warehouse dealing in ambient food (Non-Food Manufacturing), having planned expansion to a new much larger site over the next year, this is a role in an industry that is relatively recession proof.
The Role of Facilities and Health & Safety Manager
This role is 60% Health and Safety and 40% Facility management orientated. Reporting to the Head of Operations; you will look after Health and Safety for 300 employees across 2 local warehouse sites and will oversee 2 retail sites occasionally. The role of Health & Safety and Facilities Manager is reporting to the Head of Operations.
You will help set up/establish, develop and maintain IMS systems to ISO Standards 9001, 14001 and 18001; as well as having a hands-on approach with on-site Health and Safety, promote a Health and Safety culture and positively influence employees to follow suit - this is a company with a "Leadership culture" rather than one of "management" the right people skills are imperative to a successful appointment in this instance.
Your Responsibilities as Facilities and Health & Safety Manager
- Contribute to development of a Site Health and Safety Plan and review ongoing progress against set objectives.
- Monitor, evaluate and develop health and safety policies and procedures that ensure compliance with current legislation, and industry best practice.
- Liaise with local HSE Executives and other Statutory Bodies, building effective working relationships.
- Provide guidance and support in all health and safety related matters and, where necessary, take a leadership role, particularly where the issues are complex or represent significant risk.
- Ensure there is an adequate provision of first aid and welfare facilities across site.
- Ensure that site safety inspections & fire drills are carried out and fire alarms are checked
- Establish and maintain an effective documentation and recording system for all health and safety related needs.
- Ensure all risk assessments, method statements, contractors codes of practice are all up to date and being adhered to by all site employees.
- Maintain focus on workplace safety, ensuring all activities are carried out in accordance with safe working procedures, 'control measures' identified via risk assessment and COSHH assessment.
- Responsible for ensuring all buildings within site/region are fully compliant with the Property Governance Framework and relevant site strategies and standards.
- Ensure that the application of compliance / governance frameworks is consistent across those sites that are indirectly managed.
What you need to Succeed as Health & Safety and Facilities Manager
- Minimum 2 years related experience of H&S in Warehousing, Manufacturing environment - where you are personally responsible for all H&S Systems and compliance.
- Experience of producing internal audits to comply with 14001 and 18001.
- Proven experience / exposure within Facility Management.
- NEBOSH general certification
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
Conal is a specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Recruitment Consultant who operates throughout all of Ireland, across all industries including Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG and Construction. He operates on vacancies across all levels from Trainee to Officer to Lead and right into senior management.
FOR A FULL LIST OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Belfast, Lisburn, Lurgan, Portadown, Craigavon, Dungannon, Armagh, Banbridge, Newry, Downpatrick Dundalk areas.