Health and Safety Manager
- Posted 27 April 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameConal Sheppard
Health and Safety Manager
Based in Garvagh
Job ref: CS7819
What's in it for you?
- Salary £40k and annual Bonus
- Early finish Friday
- Fantastic opportunities for learning and development
- Full Time Permanent Role
Vickerstock are delighted to be working with one of the largest Subcontract Manufacturers in Ireland, who continually develop ways to increase their areas of expertise with a focus on the quality of their products.
The business continues to grow and has recently won the Business Eye Award, Fast Growth Business of the Year 2022
In your new Role:
- To provide an effective specialist Health and Safety function site-wide supporting, advising and leading on change health and safety initiatives.
- Assist in maintaining ISO Standards and accreditations, particularly in relation to Safe T Cert & ISO 45001 accreditation.
- Increase Health & Safety awareness amongst staff with continual development & delivery of toolbox Talks.
- Carry out internal and external site inspections to ensure policies and procedures are being properly implemented and adhered to.
- Carry out internal audits of the Integrated Management System & processes measuring performance and driving improvement.
- Support H&S induction for new employees, providing up to date relevant content.
- Set, Monitor and Report on KPI's.
- Provide support in implementing a risk management system. Ensure HSE ricks and impacts are appropriately identified.
- Promote a Safety culture.
- Track, improve and develop strategies for sustained H&S performance across operations.
What you need to succeed:
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Safety & Health
- Knowledge of NI & UK Health and Safety Legislation
- 2 years' Health and Safety experience at management level in a similar environment
- Ability to demonstrate sound knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety Processes
- Experience of formulating, implementing and revising procedures in health and safety
- Hands on experience in conducting Audits, investigations, and root cause analysis
- Experience of handling accident investigations
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to influence others
- Strong analytical, organisation and planning skills with the ability to prioritise effectively
- Ability to gather, analyse and report key health and safety data/statistics
- Able to work on initiative
- Ability to adopt a variety of approaches dependent upon the situation
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then, please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the North Antrim, Antrim, Magherafelt, Ballymena and Coleraine areas.