Health & Safety Officer
- Posted 24 May 2023
- Salary £33000 - £35000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEnvironmental, Health & Safety Jobs
- Contact NameConal Sheppard
Health and Safety Officer
What's in it for you?
- £35k Salary
- Flexible start and Finish times.
- Plus Benefits / Pension
Location: Just outside Armagh
Full Time Permanent Position
Job Ref: CS8082
Our client is a well-established business who operate across a range of sectors within Northern Ireland.
Your Responsibilities as Health and Safety Officer
- Carry out and support risk assessments to identify, assess and reduce the business's Health and Safety risks.
- Audit, analyse and report Health and Safety performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety legislation, keep up to date with legislative change and HSE NI guidance.
- Develop the occupational management system and liaise with the Internal Audit team to deliver continual improvement of the business operational performance.
- Provide training and support to all employees to enhance their development, to assist them in fulfilling their individual and collective H&S responsibilities.
- Implement risk improvement action plans.
What you need to succeed
- Minimum 1 years' experience in Health and Safety
- Understanding of applicable health and safety legislation and how this should be practically implemented to ensure compliance in a manufacturing business.
- A genuine interest in and understanding of health and safety issues and how this role can influence a positive change.
- Experience in working with management systems.
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
Conal is a specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Recruitment Consultant who operates throughout all of Ireland, across all industries including Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG and Construction. He operates on vacancies across all levels from Trainee to Officer to Lead and right into senior management.
FOR A FULL LIST OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE
This role would be particularly suitable for those from the Belfast, Lisburn, Lurgan, Portadown, Craigavon, Dungannon, Armagh, Banbridge, Newry, Downpatrick, Belfast and Dundalk areas.