Health and Safety Officer
Based: Outside Coleraine
What's in it for you?
- £32k-£34k Salary
- Employee Reward Scheme
- Career Development Opportunities
- Plus Benefits
Job Ref: CS8879
Full Time Permanent Position
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a long established, family-owned business located outside Coleraine on the appointment of a Health and Safety Officer.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Health and Safety professional to gain substantial experience and grow their skillset.
Your Responsibilities as Health and Safety Officer
- Ensure legal compliance with Health and Safety through implementing, maintaining, and managing the Companies Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture with employees across site.
- Support the continued accreditation of ISO 45001 & lead annual external audits.
- Deliver internal training including induction training for new employees and toolbox talks.
- To be responsible for documenting accidents / incidents / near missed, investigating the root cause, and implementing corrective action measures to prevent recurrence.
- Chair and take part in Company Health and Safety meetings.
- Regularly conduct Health and Safety inspections and internal audits.
- Ensure risk assessments and method statements are in place for all works both internally and for external contractors.
- Carry out administration of all aspects of the Company's Health and Safety systems and procedures.
What you need to succeed as a Health and Safety Officer
- NEBOSH General certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 years' experience in a Health and Safety role.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 system.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
Conal is a specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Recruitment Consultant who operates throughout all of Ireland, across all industries including Engineering, Manufacturing. He operates on vacancies across all levels from Trainee to Officer to Lead and right into senior management.
FOR A FULL LIST OF HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE