Health and Safety Officer
What's in it for you?
- Salary up to £35k
- Plus Bonus
- Plus Private Healthcare Scheme
- Plus Professional Development support
Full Time Permanent Position
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a local business with over 30 years experience in waste and recycling on the appointment of a Health and Safety Officer.
This is an exciting role that offers the successful candidate an excellent opportunity to gain Professional Development to help take positive steps in their career.
The role will require occasional travel across sites in Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will provide support, advice and guidance to the site managers to ensure that Health, Safety and Welfare arrangements are adhered to.
Your Responsibilities as Health and Safety Officer:
- Promote a Health and Safety culture throughout the company.
- Assist with the development, implementation and continual improvement of Health and Safety aspects of the Company's IMS.
- Ensure all sites are compliant with the company's IMS within all areas through a regular programme of audits.
- Development and delivery of Risk Assessments, COSHH assessments and Safe Working Procedures for work activities across all sites and continually monitor changes in working procedures and update accordingly.
- Advise and assist site staff on all aspects of Health and Safety management and legislation.
- Health and Safety induction training for new employees.
- Contribute towards the delivery of all Health and Safety related KPI's and projects.
What you'll need to succeed:
- 3 years' experience as a Health and Safety Officer.
- Experience working to ISO standards.
- NEBOSH General Certificate.
If this role is of interest; or if you have a relatable skillset that might match other similar vacancies; then, please send an updated CV via the link on the page or get in touch with Conal to discuss in absolute confidence.
Conal is a specialist Health, Safety and Environmental Recruitment Consultant who operates throughout all of Ireland, across all industries including Engineering, Manufacturing, FMCG and Construction. He operates on vacancies across all levels from Trainee to Officer to Lead and right into senior management.
FOR A FULL LIST OF HSEQ LEAD RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE PERUSE OUR WEBSITE