Vickerstock are delighted to be working with Ireland's go to provider of workplace safety and training and consultancy.
We are seeking an experienced Health and Safety Officer to join their client, a leading glazing and cladding company, in a dual office/site-based position.
Your responsibilities as H&S Officer:
- Promote Health and Safety with enthusiasm to the employee/contractor population.
- Management and generation of employee and contractor clock-in cards.
- Conducting regular site audits/inspections to ensure health and safety compliance to Company and Client procedures/rules.
- Carrying out a variety of inductions as required (site, factory, fitter, office etc).
- Management of all safety related reporting and paperwork including Safety Statements, Method Statements, Safe Plan of Action, Risk Assessments etc.
- Maintaining incident reporting and near misses and follow up actions, identifying root causes, and implementing changes to prevent reoccurrences.
What you need to succeed:
- Degree level qualification in Health & Safety.
- Strong foundation of Health and Safety principles in Ireland, preferably with 2+ years of experience.
- Construction experience is required.
- Manual Handling Instructor training would be beneficial.
- Effective, engaging and sincere personal communication skills.
- History of strong collaboration with key partners, working well within a team environment with dynamic professionals from broad backgrounds and of all levels of management.
- Writes and presents effectively in 1:1 and large group situations.
- Full driver's license.
- You must be legally permitted to live and work in Ireland.
If you have an interest in the Health & Safety Advisor position, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Keara to discuss in confidence.