Health & Safety Officer
Role based in Fermanagh/Cavan
Fantastic opportunity for career development in the Health & Safety Sector
Permanent role and 9 month contract available.
Working closely with Ireland's leading Manufacturing Business, we are currently seeking a Health and Safety officer to join our clients growing team. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate, who will receive in house training working closely with the Health & Safety Manager.
Your ability to learn and perform within this role, will be progressed by offering qualification opportunities through external training bodies & third level institutions to develop your skills and competencies.
- A recognised Health and Safety Qualification & working knowledge of ISO 45001 standards.
- The Ability to analyse information and attention to detail & working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and / or on their own initiative.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Relevant experience within construction desirable.
- In addition, you should be physically fit, IT literate and capable of acquiring and applying detailed regulatory information.
- Writing internal health and safety policies/ strategies
- Drawing-up safe operational procedures
- Undertaking risk assessments & identifying potential hazards
- Determining ways of reducing risks
- Planning safe working practices and making necessary changes
- Keeping up to date and ensuring compliance with current health and safety legislation
- Ensuring that equipment is installed correctly/ safely & Writing reports
- Planning and providing health and safety training courses for employees and managers
- Investigating/ recording incidents, accidents, complaints, and cases of ill health
- Compiling statistics & Making recommendations following accidents/ incidents
- Liaising with relevant authorities & organising / attending health and safety meetings
- Safely handling hazardous substances
- Making regular site inspections & keeping up to date with developments within the profession
- Making presentations to groups of employees/ managers.
FOR A FULL LIST OF YOUR SECTOR RELATED VACANCIES PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE
If you have an interest in this Health & Safety Officer role, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Conal on 028 90 313 720 to discuss in confidence.