Health & Safety Officer / Auditor
Based in Belfast
£28k - £32k per annum
Vickerstock are currently seeking a Health & Safety Officer / Auditor to join our client who is a leading Transport organisation based in Belfast.
The Health & Safety Advisors primary role is to assist in the development of the Health & Safety standards, driving compliance and delivering performance.
- Qualification in H&S Preferable
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience within a Health & Safety role
- Ability to work on own initiative and be innovative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deliver training.
- Excellent organisational skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- To communicate effectively throughout the company on H&S issues and to actively participate in management meetings
- To promote the development of a positive H&S culture within the organisation/Facility
- To provide reports relating to H&S as necessary to management
- Support emergency planning and provision of support role to incidents as they arise and emergency situations
- To carry out risk assessment and hazard identification
- To effectively communicate H&S requirements to staff through meetings, toolbox talks and learn from events
- To coordinate, manage and deliver H&S related training, (inductions, staff training etc.)
- To draft SSSOW's & maintain appropriate records and documents
- To report on incidents and accidents and monitor follow up actions
- To carry out H&S audits and inspections
- To generate awareness of H&S matters and seek to resolve issues that arise.
If you have an interest in the Health & Safety Officer / Auditor role, please click 'apply' below and send a copy of your CV, or call Jamie to discuss in confidence.