Vickerstock are working in partnership with a global manufacturing firm based in Belfast on the appointment on an ambitious Junior Buyer.
If you are seeking a long term career in procurement, can use you own initiative and can find solutions to challenges. This is the perfect opportunity for you!
This will be a fast-paced role so you will need to have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written), by reliable, pay close attention to detail, and have excellent time management and organisation skills.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to £30,000 (depending on experience)
- Personal development and career progression
- Full private healthcare cover
- 40 hour week with flexitime Mon - Thurs and early finish on a Friday
In your new role:
- Report directly to the Procurement Lead
- Generating purchase orders for products and materials
- Sourcing parts from local and global suppliers
- Chasing suppliers for delivery confirmations and updating systems accordingly
- Checking confirmations against the PO and following up all Open Purchase Orders
- Ensure orders have been delivered to agreed lead times and expedite where applicable
- Co-ordinating goods in and goods out
- Inventory management
- Liaising with transport companies for global shipping
- Setting up new suppliers and letters of credit
- Foster close working relationships with associated departments e.g., Sales, Production and Suppliers
- Support the Supply Chain Manager with administrative tasks
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 6 months experience working within a purchasing role
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office packages
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move. Get in touch with Chris our Supply Chain specialist today.