Days & Nights
7am - 7pm / 7pm - 7am
€60k - €67k (Further information on this below)
Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of the biggest and best food manufacturing companies across the globe to assist them with the recruitment of a Maintenance Engineer for their site in Portlaoise.
With close to 6000 employees our client exports their range of products to over 55 countries and are number 1 within their sector.
Their people are their biggest asset, they will provide you with a wealth of opportunities to build and develop your skills, knowledge and qualifications in conjunction with assisting you with Employee, Leadership and Personal development opportunities.
Your Responsibilities as a Maintenance Engineer;
- Complete electro-mechanical repairs to food processing, handling and packaging equipment
- Technical support for the plant facilities and services including compressed air, steam, refrigeration and the effluent plant
- Input into the computer system and carry out preventive maintenance routines and work instructions
- Fault finding
- Update the preventative maintenance management system including stores transactions and work carried out
- Ensure all parts are promptly ordered as required
- Responsible for completion of all planned maintenance routines both inside and outside of normal hours as required
- Utilization of all resources such as manuals, service contracts and external contractors to aid in breakdown recovery
As a Maintenance Engineer, ideally you will have;
- An Electrical qualification is essential
- Must possess a multi-skilled cross-skilled ethos with an electrical/electronic bias
- Electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics, trouble-shooting experience gained in a high-volume food or beverage processing environment
- Ideally, experience of working in a high volume, automated manufacturing environment
- Open to new ideas/work practices with an understanding of the principles and tools of a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to multi-task
What is in it for you:
- An industry leading salary (Junior €60k, Intermediate €64k, Senior €67k)
- 24 days holiday
- Profit share
- Personal incentive plan
- Matched Pension
- Healthcare Programme
- Educational assistance
- Employee Discounts
- Wellness programmes
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Maintenance & Service Engineers at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Lean Engineering / Manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)