Weekday shifts (7.30am - 4pm & 4pm - Midnight)
€55300 (More on this below)
Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of Ireland best and Europe's biggest packaging companies to assist with the recruitment of a Maintenance Fitter for their weekend shift pattern.
Based in Dublin our client has went from strength to strength over the last 35 years with close to 40 sites across the globe they continue to expand their already strong employee based which is close to 50k.
Our client will give you the opportunity to upskill to electrical or mechanical depending on your bias, with ongoing opportunities to attend a range of courses to become more specialist.
What's in it for you?
- Subsidised Canteen
- Overtime times
- On-site parking
- Pension Scheme
- Free weekly GP check up on-site
- Free Company Events
Your Responsibilities as a Maintenance Fitter;
- Maintain, repair, and install mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment on various asset types across the site.
- Use CMMS to generate and record all planned, reactive and project work.
- Liaise with OEMs and other vendors when diagnosing faults, ordering, or sourcing replacement parts.
- Minimise equipment downtime through effective root cause analysis and close off procedures.
- Apply excellent problem-solving skills to swiftly fault-find and rectify problems.
- Work independently with OEMs and external contractors on maintenance, repairs, and installations.
- Promote and lead a proactive and positive safety culture, always adhering to safe working practice.
- Provide support and participate in all continuous improvement projects and trials.
- Ensure all work is completed safely and in accordance with quality requirements, company policy and all statutory requirements.
- Effective and timely communication with Engineering, Production and Quality personnel.
As a Maintenance Fitter, ideally you will have;
- Maintenance Fitter Craft Certificate or equivalent is essential.
- 4+ years practical hands-on experience in a relevant industrial setting.
- Competency using SAP PM and Microsoft Office will be a distinct advantage.
- Strong technical capability with the ability to read, understand and work from technical drawings.
- Strong fault finding / problem solving skills essential.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision.
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page - 01 526 7473
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Maintenance Engineers at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Engineering / Manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)