x3 shift pattern (Days, Evenings, Nights)
Vickerstock are currently working in partnership with a world class supplier of automotive components.
Your new role as a Maintenance Engineer
- Ability to read electrical and hydraulic blueprints and schematics to assist maintenance.
- Maintain all records, documentation and literature in compliance company quality standards.
- Use fault finding techniques such as 5 why to identify route cause.
- Suggesting and implement cost saving & improvements.
- Be able to follow equipment manufactures fault finding procedures.
- Make repairs to the utmost quality and according to equipment manufacturers' specifications.
- Responsible for proper documentation and record keeping of maintenance activities.
- Perform preventative maintenance and inspection assignments as listed on PM Service sheets for machinery.
- Identify and report problems adversely effecting operators.
- Ensure continuation of operations in the absence of the Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Provide on the job technical support to maintenance personnel.
- Be competent in the use of programming tools and be able to modify PLC and robotics programmes when required.
- Put forward ideas for continuous improvement.
- Have a good understanding of RDM and die cast machine shot curves.
- Identify and source parts required and pass on to be ordered.
What you will need to succeed as a Maintenance Engineer
- A recognised engineering qualification within either Mechanical or Electrical.
- Proven knowledge and experience of fault finding and repair, e.g. servo drives, PLCs
- A good knowledge of planned preventative maintenance programmes
- The ability to prioritise and maintain high standards whilst working to tight deadlines
What we hope you will do next
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Maintenance Engineers at all levels across NI.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Maintenance engineering / manufacturing in Northern Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)