Days & Evenings
Vickerstock are working in partnership with one of Irelands leading food manufacturing firms to recruit a Maintenance Fitter for one of their sites in Kilkenny.
Our client has sites across Ireland providing popular brands to wholesalers and retail.
Their parent company has over 44 sites across the globe with over 13000 employees.
With the aim to be the world's largest and most successful food company, now is the time to get involved.
Your Responsibilities as a Maintenance Fitter
- Observe all on site and legislative rules and regulations in terms of health and safety, food safety and environmental.
- Complete electro-mechanical repairs to high speed food processing, handling and packaging equipment
- Technical support for the plant facilities & services including compressed air, steam, refrigeration and effluent plant
- Input into the computer system and carry out preventive maintenance routines and work instructions
- Update the Preventative Maintenance Management System including stores transactions and work carried out
- Ensure all parts are promptly ordered as required
- Responsible for completion of all Planned Maintenance Routines both inside & outside of normal hours as required.
- Utilisation of all resources such as manuals, service contracts and external contractors to aid in breakdown recovery.
- Control of contractors and acting as liaison person when required.
As a Maintenance Fitter, ideally you will have;
- Relevant Trades Qualification (e.g. Qualified Fitter) qualification or a time served apprenticeship in a high volume, automated manufacturing environment.
- Trades Qualified Electrician Fitter with 2-3 years' experience as a Maintenance Technician
- Experience with both Electrical and Mechanical maintenance within an automated manufacturing environment, ideally with some experience with PLC's
- Must possess a Multi-skilled cross-skilled ethos with an electrical/electronic bias
- Previous experience in a high volume, automated manufacturing environment
- Computer literate
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Will operate over 6 days across shift pattern of days commencing at 5.30am and nights finishing at 2.30am.
- Aptitude for electrical and mechanical process awareness, diagnostics, trouble-shooting experience gained in a high volume food or beverage processing environment
- Ability to remain calm and focused
- Strong communication skills with ability to work as part of a team
- Open to new ideas/work practices with an understanding of the principles and tools of a lean manufacturing environment
- Ability to cope with multiple tasks
If you are looking to advance your career as a Maintenance Fitter and meet the above criteria, then please contact Warren Watson on 0044 2890 313720 for a fully confidential chat and/or send your CV through.