Vickerstock are currently working in partnership with leading Manufacturing Firm in the Cork Area to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer. Our client specialise in Electrical systems that are supplied to their customer base across the globe. Their focus is on service excellence, problem solving and developing meaningful partnerships with both customers and suppliers. Despite years of consistent growth, their focus and goal has not changed - to be the number one supply and service provider to the critically clean manufacturing sector.
Your key responsibilities as a Manufacturing Engineer.
- To provide technical support to production in the implementation and set-up of new machinery / technologies.
- To both introduce and continually develop Lean Manufacturing principles / continuous improvement techniques across fabrication and assembly areas.
- To provide technical support to production in the maintenance and improvement of quality and production efficiency
- To carry out all engineering duties to ensure the successful implementation of new products into production - including all technical outputs, drawings, work instructions, BOMs & costings as well as production jigs and fixtures
- To provide technical support to purchasing in the sourcing and development of sub-contract manufacturers.
- To ensure that all technical files are maintained in line with CE & Medical Device regulatory requirements & ISO 13485
- To provide support to the design team during R&D phases of new product realisation.
- To carry out product testing prior to market launch to ensure all safety and quality requirements are met
As a Manufacturing Engineer, ideally you will have.
- Ideally a Level 8 qualification in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Technology.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar automated high volume environment.
- Thorough understanding and demonstrable experience of Lean Manufacturing techniques and introduction of these techniques.
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Lean Engineers at all levels across NI.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Lean Engineering / Manufacturing in Northern Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)