NPD Technologist, Newtownard, Circa £23k
Vickerstock in partnership with a fresh foods company which creates a variety of products which are exported throughout the UK and Ireland, with the appointment of an NPD Technologist for their Newtownards facility.
This is an exciting time for the business with impressive growth plans for the coming months.
Your 'day to day' as an NPD Technologist
- Assist the NPD Managers with all development briefs.
- Formulate product concepts in line with specific briefs, ensuring factory capabilities are considered at all times.
- Responsible for sending product samples to clients.
- Identifying market gaps via competitor analysis through bench marking.
- Present NPD presentations and taste panels for visiting customers.
- Constant EPD on existing lines.
- Completing cooking validations complying with legislations.
- Attend meetings as and when required.
- Be committed to providing continuous improvements at all times.
- Ensure good hygiene standards are met within the department.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility of own Health & Safety and others that may be effected by your actions
- Liaise with production in planning and running trials.
What you need to succeed as an NPD Technologist
- Degree or relevant qualification/experience in Food Science
- GSCE or equivalent in English and Maths
- Results driven
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Results driven/orientated
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility/adaptability with a proactive approach
- Innovative and critical thinking
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, Power point)
What to do next
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Paul now on 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this job doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me, you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help.