€70k - €90k
Car or Car allowance
Optional Pension scheme
Vickerstock are working in conjunction with a number one provider of building and construction services across Ireland, UK and Europe, operating across key sectors such as Pharma, Retail, Civil & Water/Waste Water.
Our client is a leader in employee development, ensuring they give you as many opportunities as possible to reach your potential through experience and academia.
Your Responsibilities as a Plant Manager;
The key purpose of this position will consist of managing the entire operations of their water treatment works whilst managing a team of 18 personnel (Administrative, Lab Personnel, Maintenance, and operations)
- Propose to the Management Committee any recruitment of staff according to the needs of the plant.
- Ensure the plant is operated in accordance with existing policies, carry out decisions made by the Management Committee, and make all day-to-day decisions necessary for the efficient performance of the Subcontract.
- Observe and be responsible for ensuring that others comply with the provisions of the Subcontract and all other applicable standards and regulations, and be responsible to the Management Committee for ensuring that the work is performed in accordance with the best industry standards.
- Represent the Operation and Maintenance Joint Venture in dealings with the Client and other third parties.
- Maintain an effective health, safety and environmental management system in accordance with all appropriate legislation and with the objective of achieving an accident-free incident-free workplace.
- Ongoing budgetary control of plant's operating costs as well as implementation of cost saving initiatives and measures.
- Management of the process team and performance of the plant.
- Control of treatment process in cooperation with Laboratory and Process Managers.
- Optimisation of plant and process in conjunction with management team to continually improve the plant performance.
- Management of the Health and Safety system of the plant.
- Monthly reporting of all H&S related matters to internal senior management as well as to the Client.
- Management of the laboratory of the plant in conjunction with the Laboratory Manager:
- Maintain compliance with standard accreditation as per ISO 17025
- Management of Odour Control System and odour monitoring instruments.
As a Plant Manager, ideally you will have;
- Third level degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering or equivalent scientific background.
- 5-10 years' experience in amanagement position as a Plant manager or as a Process engineer in water/waste-water treatment or in a related industry.
- Previous experience in maintenance management of mechanical and electrical equipment from heavy industry. (Preferably with pumps, gas generators, aerators, aeration equipment and blowers)
- Experience and understanding of SCADA and PLCs.
- Experience in staff management and human resources.
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Maintenance & Service Engineers at all levels across Ireland.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Lean Engineering / Manufacturing in Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)