Back to jobs
- Posted 13 March 2023
- Salary £50000 - £55000 per annum + perks
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineEngineering & Manufacturing Jobs
- Contact NameChris Quinn
Vickerstock are working in partnership with a speicialist design and manufacturing firm based in Co. Antrim on the appointment of a Supply Chain / Procurement Manager.
Your main responsibilty will be to develop and manage the supply chain strategy to maximise value, ensuring optimal business performance.
What's in it for you?
- Starting salary of up to £55,000
- Performance related bonus
- Hybrid working
- Health cash plan
- Holiday purchase scheme
In your new role:
- Develop and manage the supply chain strategy and improvement programme
- Communicate strategy plans effectively to relevant personnel, monitoring and analysing performance
- Oversee the procurement division, ensuring the efficient sourcing and procurement of goods & materials at optimal prices and within the agreed lead times
- Analyse supplier performance ensuring all KPI target are being delivered consistently
- Manage stores ensuring operational efficiency, maintenance of stock levels in accordance with operations requirements and effective control of materials and tools
- Work closely with Estimating, Quantity Surveying, Manufacturing and Operations Departments
- Monitor the performance of sub-contractors and suppliers against KPIs
- Resolve supply chain issues
- Prepare monthly reports illustrating achieved and forecasted benefits
- Manage reporting employees and monitor performance
- Assist the procurement function when workload requires
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in leading or managing a procurement team
- A third level qualification in procurement, commercial, project management or similar discipline would be desirable
- A results-oriented outlook with the ability to drive change and continuous improvement
- The ability to negotiate strategic agreements and facilitate a win-win attitude within the supply chain
- The ability to establish performance objectives and deliver positive commercial results
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move, get in touch with Chris our Supply Chain specialist today.