Vickerstock are delighted to be partnering EXCLUSIVELY with our family-owned Food Manufacturing client specialising in baked goods and authentic recipes on the appointment of Product Development Technologist for their Craigavon based site. They are currently riding on the wave of success with recent awards recognising their top-quality products.
Reporting to the Product Development Manager, you will manage and prioritise the development pipeline from initiation of concept through to final approval.
What's in it for you:
- Salary - up to £34k
- Monday- Thursday, 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-3pm
- Employee Care Programme
- Exposure to various departments
- Continuous professional development opportunities
- Free Parking
- Onsite canteen
What your typical day as Product Development Technologist will look like:
- Working as part of a team developing systems to support the Product development process.
- Ensure that the Product Review process feeds our Sales and Operational Planning on a monthly cycle and that all assumptions are documented.
- Managing all aspects of projects from development of the idea, competitive analysis, and presentations to customer, developing cost models, agreeing critical paths, sourcing of ingredients and packaging and completing all activities up to customer product approval.
- Manage the project development pipeline tracker.
- Develop products in accordance with company and customer's strategy and policies.
- Initiate and manage all critical paths, up to the handover with process development, engaging with all appropriate personnel i.e., sales, finance, marketing etc, and Agreeing launch dates with customer and within the business.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills at all levels across the organisation and with customers and suppliers to ensure all critical dates have been well communicated and met accordingly.
- Provide continuous benchmarking report exercises by conducting regular store visits. Keep abreast of new developments in the marketplace within our category.
- Regularly identify NPD opportunities along with existing product improvements and identify cost saving projects.
- Understand all current processes and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Working closely with account managers to initiate NPD projects.
- In close liaison with purchasing, research and identify new ingredient and packaging suppliers 'fit for purpose'.
- Present new concepts to the national account team with clear costing, critical path, and full information data sheets.
- Manage sample requests from customers or internal colleagues for new business, new customers, product range presentations, inductions, and lunches. Ensuring control is maintained, records are kept and feedback with action plans is agreed.
- Ensure a full transfer of the product to process development, ensuring all issues are covered, constant communication throughout the project.
- Organise agenda and regular team/cross functional meetings to communicate the progress of current concept projects.
What you will need to succeed:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a development role or similar
- Food related qualification
- Passion for food a prerequisite
- Current full driving licence essential
- Strong knowledge and experience of the development critical path.
- Strong project management skills
- Computer literate, working knowledge of Excel/Word/PowerPoint
What we hope you do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.