- Posted 09 November 2022
- Salary £40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
- Discipline Engineering & Manufacturing
- Contact NameWarren Watson
Product Support Engineer
£40k - £45k
Vickerstock are working in Partnership with one of the world's biggest Crushing and Screening companies, Our client have sites across the globe and are recruiting for a Product Support Engineer for their site in Omagh.
You will be reporting to the Product Service Manager, whilst working in tandem with a highly skilled team to provide a 1st class service to their global customer base. Ideally, this will be achievable through phone and video calling, however, there will also be occasional opportunities for travel to customer sites to apply hands on repair and training.
Key Responsibilities as a Product Support Engineer:
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve problems and breakdowns remotely
- Support our Astec Technical Assistance Centres (ATAC) around the world
- Work closely with other departments to develop and document solutions to problems
- Support Quality Improvement Team (QIT) efforts to rapidly identify and resolve manufacturing, assembly, and design related issues
- Create product support planning schedules detailing tasks, assembly procedures and training outlines for custom projects
- Develop technical content and administer technical training to customers and dealers as required
- Assist in development of technical manuals
- Occasional travel to customer sites around the world to support with problems, commissioning and training of our products
What you will need to succeed as a Product Support Engineer;
- Strong mechanical, electrical & hydraulic aptitude
- Ability to read and understand electric/hydraulic schematics
- Technically minded with excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to work within a team, as well as on your own initiative
- Confident attitude and ability to articulate in meetings
- Strong computer and IT systems skills
- Available and willing to travel on occasions
- Ability to work effectively with a range of diversified cultures
- Hold a valid clean driver's license and passport
What we hope you will do next.
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this Product Support Engineer role in absolute confidence or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of similar roles at all levels across ROI and NI
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Product Support/Maintenance within the manufacturing sector in Northern Ireland, or ROI then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)