- Posted 04 November 2022
- Salary £45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus
- LocationCounty Antrim
- DisciplineEngineering & Manufacturing Jobs
- Contact NameWarren Watson
£45k - £50k + bonus
Vickerstock are currently working in partnership with one of our tier 1 clients to recruit a Production Manager for their site in Mallusk. Our client is one of the top employers in Northern Ireland with over 800 staff across the UK. Over the past 65 years they have went from strength to strength to become one of Northern Ireland biggest success stories.
Your new role as a Production Manager;
- Report to the Head of Building Products Operations weekly on all matters relevant to the performance of the production units;
- Prepare monthly reports for presentation to the Board;
- Manage the efficient production of injection moulding products and extruded pipes on a daily basis across all production machines in accordance with specification and quality requirements;
- Lead, champion and deliver the departmental business improvement plans;
- Provide technical expertise within the plumbing and drainage department and take on a hands-on role when required;
- Trouble shoot moulding and processing issues and ensure process optimisation;
- Maximise the synergies that exist between the production units including tooling and assembly;
- Work in close collaboration with the Head of Building Products Operations to deliver and exceed targeted production key performance indicators;
- Working in conjunction with master planning, plan all production activity and manage complex scheduling of work on a daily basis;
- Maintain tight management and responsibility for all operational and material costs including budgetary control;
- Engage daily with support departments i.e. maintenance, commercial, quality, HR, H&S, technical etc. to ensure effective running of the factory;
- Meet internal and external customer expectations with regard to delivery and quality.
As a Production Manager, Ideally you will have;
- Have a proven track record with a minimum of 5 years' management experience within a plastics environment - Injection Moulding or Extrusion.
- Have experience of lean manufacturing tools (5S / 5WHY / SMED);
- Have a good understanding of materials management;
- Have excellent communication, interpersonal and reporting skills;
- Have excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Have experience of developing staff and achieving departmental and business objectives;
- Have strong IT skills including MS office and particularly excel;
What we hope you will do next;
Contact Warren Watson to discuss this in absolute confidence on, or send an updated CV via the link on the page.
As an experienced specialist senior engineering and manufacturing recruitment professional with 5 years' experience; I personally specialise within the recruitment of Maintenance Engineers at all levels across NI.
If you are interested in this vacancy, or work within Maintenance engineering / manufacturing in Northern Ireland, then please apply with your CV to me for consideration - (You can also find and connect with me on LinkedIn)