- Posted 16 November 2022
- Salary £30000 - £35000 per annum + + 5% bonus
- DisciplineEngineering & Manufacturing Jobs
- Contact NameChris Quinn
Vickerstock are working in partnership with an industry leading manufacturer based in Omagh on the appointment of an experienced Production Planner.
Reporting directly to the Production Planning Manager you will be responsibile for supporting production & planning activities in line with demand. You will work closely with the production management team to plan and schedule work following operational requirements and forecasts.
What's in it for you:
- Starting salary of up to £35,000
- 5% annual bonus
- Overtime paid at time and a half (after 40 hours)
- Personal development & career progression
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Long Service Awards
- Social Events
- Cycle to Work/Tech Schemes
- On-site Parking
- Early finish on Fridays!
In your new role:
- Support the production management team to help leverage greater efficiency and effectiveness in the operation
- Ensure that all orders are planned effectively to optimise production capacity, liaising with all departments making sure work is scheduled in an efficient and timely manner
- Maintain a production schedule ensuring any risks and deviations to plan are identified efficiently allowing the production management team to take action
- Schedule orders on production lines involving a variety of product mix and fluctuating requirements based on demand forecast, customer orders, current inventories and line capacity
- Create and maintain a visible master production plan to meet sales forecasts and customer orders
- Convey plan to the relevant stakeholders and liaise closely with production (fabrication and assembly)
- Ensuring the plan is live and accurate
- Work with the production team to develop and maintain capacity planners and labour requirements
- Assist and liaise with purchasing team as required to enable effective material resource planning (MRP).
- Work with Sales team as part of the Sales and Operations planning process to understand appropriate future capacity requirements based on forecast demand
- Serve as a liaison between production operations and other key areas to ensure on-time delivery
- Host weekly planning meetings
- Review, adjust, and update a fluctuating and live schedule based on customer orders, production updates, material needs, and other areas as required
What you will need to succeed:
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar role
- Previous experience with MRP is preferred.
- A sound knowledge of fundamental scheduling principles and practices
- A good understanding of basic production, operational and supply chain principles and practices.
- A sound knowledge of all Microsoft packages
For a confidential conversation on how Vickerstock can support you with your next move, give Chris our Supply Chain specialist a call on 028 9031 3720.