Quality Assurance Manager
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are delighted to continuously partner with our Food Manufacturing client who are passionate about their people and whose vision is to become the best and most respected in their industry on the appointment of Quality Assurance Manager for their Ballymena based site.
As the successful QA Manager, you will report to the Senior Quality Manager and manage the technical and quality processes and procedures within the production environment to ensure the compliance of customer and legal requirements, company objectives and key performance indicators.
The benefits you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- Above statutory holiday entitlement
- Pension scheme
- Flexible working
- Continuous training provided.
- Free on-site parking
- Discounted employee shop
- Life cover
- Shopping discounts
What your typical day as QA Manager will look like:
- Design, implementation, maintenance, and continuous improvement of HACCP based Quality Management System
- Co-ordinate and Manage HACCP Team and Activities
- Support the NPD Function to aid successful product development through specifications, product information, reference samples, photographs, Use By schedules, proofing specifications, artwork verification etc.
- Monitoring of factory cleaning and housekeeping and hygiene standards through first-hand auditing on the factory floor and analysis of the Audit Reports and development of action strategies because of repeated/trending of non-conformances.
- Provide technical guidance, training, and support to other departments, developing awareness and understanding of technical issues.
- Product/process/environmental improvements to meet Customer and legislative requirements and progress against internal KPI's.
- Management of Corrective action and control of non-conforming ingredients/product, products under hold, reject and returns and speed of action and problem solving.
- To manage daily quality reports for the operation team providing relevant information to facilitate problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Liaise with Customers / Statutory Bodies during factory visits and audits providing information required and implementing corrective action where and the compilation of response reports.
- Management of Product Analysis of routine microbiological, shelf life and chemical results/ trends and determination of corrective action/preventative measures as required and response to Customer Out of Specification reports.
- Management of customer complaints, serious incidents, and corrective actions/preventative measures.
- Developing and maintaining Crisis Management System
- Monitoring of the QMS System and Pre-Requisite Programme by ensuring the implementation of the internal audit programme and implementation of corrective action and continuous improvement
- Maintenance of Site Accreditations and implementation of any additional standards required by customers or industry best practice.
- To manage staff in line with Company requirements.
- Carry out and comply with all company policies, procedures and instructions and any other reasonable duties deemed necessary by the company.
- Any other duties as required.
Your essential ingredients:
- Experience in similar FMCG food industry, including auditing experience.
- 3rd Level qualification in relevant discipline.
- Working knowledge of BRC standards, HACCP, Food Legislation and Food Hygiene
- Report writing and procedural writing skills.
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't):
- Advanced Diploma in Applied HACCP Principles.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate and Experience with Internal Auditing
- Training, project management and coaching skills.
- Able to demonstrate experience in establishing & maintaining relationships with Customers, external contacts, management colleagues etc.
What we hope you do next:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page.
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES