- Posted 31 October 2022
- Salary €30000 - €35000 per annum
- Discipline Food Manufacturing / FMCG
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are excited to be working in partnership with an award-winning food company with the appointment of Quality Assurance Specialist based on their site in Monaghan. The company are passionate about quality and taste of their products, sourcing locally and continually developing allowing for growth and progression.
As the successful Quality Assurance Specialist, you will work alongside the QA Team and Management to provide support across the business and work closely with your team members from Technical, Production and NPD to ensure products meet the requirements.
What we have to offer you:
- €30-35k depending on experience
- Performance related bonus
- 20 days holiday plus 10 stats
- Free onsite parking
Your new role as Quality Assurance Specialist:
- Overall compliance to various food safety standards and relevant legislative requirements.
- Ensure that standards, policies, procedures, and processes are up to date, fit for purpose and correctly implemented
- Assist with the investigation of non-conformances / customer complaints and contribute to the identification and implementation of corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitor and maintain the quality of the site's production against agreed standards.
- Assist in regular administration and management of micro analysis system.
- Contributing to continual improvement objectives
- Ensure that full traceability is maintained throughout the process.
- Assist in any product recall and traceability exercises.
- Ensure and monitor production staff QC daily duties and completed tasks.
- Ensure compliance with site procedures and practices in line with the site standards.
- Assist and provide current and accurate cleaning instruction for hygiene team.
- Ensure that site hygiene meets and exceeds DAFM, BRC and customer requirements.
- Inter-department coordination and achieving timely and satisfactory close outs of all food safety and quality related complaints
- Reduction of customer complaints with regards products in line with site objectives.
- Work with the operations and maintenance teams to ensure that the food safety and quality of all finished products produced by ensuring that HACCP is fully implemented, procedures and work instructions are always fully adhered to.
- Ensuring that departments are aware of food safety and quality of finished product as per specifications.
- Work closely with production and maintenance teams on non-conformances as they arise, work as part of the team to drive identification of root cause, preventive actions and close out of non-conformances. Maintain trend analysis.
- Deal with any supplier, customer, or internal non-conformances as they arise and gathering information for the quality team. Also trend analysis
- Support site during DAFM, BRC and customer audits.
- Assist as required with specification updates, product trials etc.
- Assist NPD with internal product specifications
Your essential ingredients:
- 2 years' experience in FMCG
- 3rd party/BRC audit experience
- High risk production experience
- Internal auditor: accredited
- HACCP training: accredited
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't):
- Experience working within the meat industry
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.