- Posted 05 May 2023
- Salary Negotiable
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFood Manufacturing / FMCG Jobs
- Contact NameAnna Hall
Vickerstock are delighted to be working in partnership with our client, an industry leading food packaging company on the appointment of Quality Lead based on their site in Armagh.
As the successful Quality Lead, you will conduct the relevant checks as required by Company policies in relation to food safety, good manufacturing practice, good hygiene practice, product specifications.
- £25-27k per annum
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
- Only 1 BRC audit per year!
What your typical day as Quality Lead will look like:
- Ensure working knowledge of customer specifications and adherence to these guidelines.
- Carry out audits on glass, plastics, chemicals, blades and GMP as per schedule.
- Conduct hourly checks and sign off on BRC documents in factory.
- Ensure all relevant paperwork has been completed and stored on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all Operatives adhere to Company rules and hygiene standards and report any non- conformances to Quality Manager.
- Carry out induction training relevant to BRC & GMP.
- Carry out refresher training.
- Assist the Quality Manager with external audit preparation.
- Assist the Quality Manager with customer complaints.
- Assist the Quality Manager in carrying out Internal Audits as per the established schedule and report any non-conformances.
- Exception reporting where issues have been identified and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken as required.
- Ensure training/sign off of any relevant SOP's with Operatives.
- Assist with any documentation sign off.
- Ensure good sample product is available at each line at all times.
- Issuing of lockers and maintenance of list.
- Any other duties as may be required to fulfil the needs of the post.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the packaging we produce is safe and will be proactive in participating and improving the quality culture
What you will need to succeed:
- Strong communication skills to ensure issues identified can be dealt with.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Highly motivated, can work as part of a team but also have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills to meet deadlines.
Desirable Criteria (it would be great if you have these but don't worry if you don't!):
- Experience within an FMCG environment
- HACCP/TACCP/VACCP qualifications
Get in touch:
Sound like the career move you've been after and would like to hear more, pick up the phone to Anna now on T 028 9031 3720, or send an updated CV - in Word format - via the link on the page (or email).
If this opportunity doesn't quite get the taste buds flowing but like me you are passionate about food, let's get a chat and see how I can help grow your career.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR A FULL LIST OF OUR CURRENT VACANCIES.